We are holding our first two-day workshop in November 2022 aimed at overcoming the confidence hurdles faced by first-time builders. Positions are limited, so get in quick before they are filled.
Our first course was held on the weekend of 5-6th November 2022 at our workshop in Kettering Tasmania, with the hours; Saturday - 9am-4 pm, and Sunday - 9am to 3pm.
The course fees are per person and cover tuition plus materials.
The topics that will be covered over the two days include:
• How epoxy resins work
• Working safely with epoxy resins
• Basic techniques of working with resins including storage, dispensing, mixing
• Filler powders - the different types and their uses
• Fibreglass cloth – types and working safely with this material
• Bonding with epoxy resin
• Filleting with thickened epoxy resins
• Epoxy coating techniques
• Applying fibreglass cloth and wetting out with epoxy resin
• Blush – what is it and how to deal with it
• Working cleanly with resins and cleaning up
• Basic stitch and glue construction
You will need to bring your own respirator and filters. We recommend and use the Sundstrom SR100 half face respirator. Regardless of the respirator used, it will require an ABE1 filter (Organic vapour + inorganic vapour + acid gas).
Closed toe shoes are required, and we recommend full coverage clothing (e.g. long sleeve clothes and full length pants). As epoxy isn’t easily removed from clothing, these should be garments you are willing to spoil. We will supply quality nitrile gloves and safety glasses.
Attending the class
To book your place on the course, simply add the above class to your cart, and checkout. Once payment has been made, please fill out the "Introduction to Stitch and Glue/Timber Epoxy Boat Building Course Registration" form and send it into us.
Otherwise please dont hesitate to get in touch.